Nintendo Switch is a hybrid gaming device that can be transformed into a living room console, a desktop console or a handheld console in three simple steps. Nintendo Switch with the Joy-Con controllers is priced at $299.99 and is launching on March 3, 2017. With less than a month to its launch, let’s take a quick Software and Hardware overview of the Nintendo Switch.
- It is compatible with amiibo support
- Online Play: You’ll be able to play compatible co-op and competitive games online by signing in with your Nintendo Account.
- Comes with a dedicated smartphone app that connects to your Nintendo Switch system and helps you connect with friends for online play sessions.
- Expected to get ‘some sort of’ VR support with the firmware update
- Digital games and DLC can be stored on the onboard memory
- Is compatible with microSDXC cards up to 2TB storage (currently not available in the market)
- Capture feature will soon record the gameplay videos
- Expected to support Pokemon Bank with the compatible version of Sun and Moon
- Currently not supported with any online video streaming service
- Doesn’t feature a web browser
- It is not backward compatible with Wii U or any other console games
- Display: 6.2 inches 1280×720 LCD
- Chipset: Nvidia Tegra processor
- Memory: 32GB of Internal Memory, Expandable via microSD card
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Brightness Sensor
- Headphone jack: Yes Stereo Output
- Battery: Non-removable 4310mAh battery (Approx. 3 Hours backup)
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1, WLAN through an adapter
- Media output: 1920×1080, 60 fps via HDMI, 5.1channel audio
- USB Type-C Port for charging and docking
- Stereo speakers
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, IR Motion Camera on the Right Joy-Con
- Check out detailed hardware specifications here.
The Switch is initially priced at $299.99 and it doesn’t come with any bundled game. On average each game will cost you close to $60. Nintendo Switch is clearly not made for everyone. It is designed for a very specific group of players. At the end of the day, it comes to the preference and what kind of games you like to play.
Stay tuned for the updates.
Recommended by: Zergnet
Latest posts by Nawaz (see all)
- Sennheiser HD 4.50 SE BTNC (SPECIAL EDITION): BEFORE YOU BUY!! - February 5, 2019
- The new iPhones cost almost 40% extra in India! - September 15, 2018
- iPhone XR: Before you buy - September 13, 2018