Samsung has officially announced the Samsung Galaxy S8 and the S8 Plus, their new flagship smartphones for 2017. The Galaxy S8 has been in the leaks for months now and it’s finally here. It is by far the best-looking smartphone out there. Here are the few things you should know before you buy the Samsung Galaxy S8.
- It comes in two variants the standard Galaxy S8 with a 5.8-inch screen and the larger S8 Plus with a 6.2-inch screen
- It features a new 2960 x 1440 resolution edge to edge “infinity display”
- Cameras: Rear 12-megapixel, OIS, F1.7 and Front 8-megapixel, auto focus, F1.7 with built-in image filters
- US variant: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Octa-core (2.35 GHz Quad + 1.7 GHZ Quad)
- International variant: Samsung Exynos Octa-core (2.35 GHz Quad + 1.9 GHZ Quad)
- Battery: Galaxy S8 3,000 mAh, Galaxy S8 Plus 3,500 mAh
- Features USB-C, 3.5mm headphone jack, NFC, MST for Samsung Pay, and Wireless charging
- IP68 water and dust resistant
- It shouldn’t blow up: Samsung has carried out 8 point battery inspection on each Galaxy S8 unit to make sure the Note 7 like disaster won’t happen again
- It can turn into a PC with its DeX dock
- It is the first smartphone capable of gigabit LTE speeds
- Galaxy S8 is the first smartphone with Bluetooth 5.0 which mean it can stream to two devices
- It doesn’t come with a physical home button. Samsung has provided the on-screen software keys for navigation
- The fingerprint scanner is located on the back panel near the camera. The awkwardly positioned FP scanner can be really hard to access using the single hand
- It comes with its own Google Now like digital assistant named Bixby. Bixby even have its own dedicated hardware button located below the volume rockers
- Galaxy S8 features the Iris Scanner and new Face Unlock feature which can save you the pain of accessing the awkwardly placed FP scanner
- Last but not the least, it has Wireless Charging feature
Both Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus are available for preorder on March 30th and will start shipping in the US on April 21st. The unlocked Galaxy S8 will start at $725 and the Galaxy S8 Plus will start at $825.
Stay tuned for the updates.
Recommended by: Zergnet