Google Lens is an AI-powered camera application designed to help you learn more about what’s in front of you in real time. Select the Google Lens icon from the Google Assistant, tap on what you’re interested in and using computer vision and machine learning it will give you the results of your query. Today, the company announced that the Google Lens will be launching on its Pixel and Pixel 2 phones in the coming weeks as part of a Google Assistant update.
Here are the key ways your Assistant and Google Lens can help you:
- Text: Save information from business cards, follow URLs, call phone numbers and navigate to addresses.
- Landmarks: Explore a new city like a pro with your Assistant to help you recognize landmarks and learn about their history.
- Art, books and movies: Learn more about a movie, from the trailer to reviews, right from the poster. Look up a book to see the rating and a short synopsis. Become a museum guru by quickly looking up an artist’s info and more. You can even add events, like the movie release date or gallery opening, to your calendar right from Google Lens.
- Barcodes: Quickly look up products by barcode, or scan QR codes, all with your Assistant.
Google Lens in the Assistant will be rolling out to all Pixel phones set to English in the U.S., U.K., Australia, Canada, India and Singapore over the coming weeks. Stay tuned for the updates.
Recommended by: Zergnet
Latest posts by Nawaz (see all)
- Sennheiser HD 4.50 SE BTNC (SPECIAL EDITION): BEFORE YOU BUY!! - February 5, 2019
- The new iPhones cost almost 40% extra in India! - September 15, 2018
- iPhone XR: Before you buy - September 13, 2018