The first Captain Marvel trailer just dropped which provides us the glimpse of the most powerful Avenger of the MCU so far. With the next installment of the new Avengers movie on the horizon, it doesn’t look like Marvel is going to pay a lot of attention to the vast backstory of the character or they will just show a modified version of it.
So we decided it is a perfect time to discuss the history of powers and abilities of our new hero who is capable of beating Thanos. Spoilers ahead!
- Before becoming Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers was a United States Air Force officer. Where she first comes in contact with the Kree superhero Mar-Vell (The first Captain Marvel).
- In his fight with Yon-Rogg, Mar-Vell tried to protect Carol from a deadly radiation of Psyche-
Magnitron(A device designed by Kree which is capable of providing superhuman powers and creating matter) explosion. Where his DNA got infused with Carol giving her superhuman abilities.
- Carol Danvers came out of this explosion with a perfectly amalgamated human/Kree physiology. Which made her immune to most toxins and poisons of the universe.
- Instantly getting powers like superhuman strength, endurance, stamina, flight, physical durability, and a limited precognitive sixth sense.
- Key abilities: Shooting explosive blasts of radiant energy through her fingers, flying at roughly six times the speed of sound, marksmanship and hand-to-hand combatant.
- Carol Danvers later acquired the name Ms. Marvel and teamed up with Mar-Vell fighting numerous battles.
- Throughout the history, Carol took various costumes and names from Ms. Marvel, Binary, Warbird and finally to Captain Marvel.
- Captain Marvel is considered as the Marvel’s biggest female superhero of all time.
Check out the first Captain Marvel trailer below:
Stay tuned for the updates.
Recommended by: Zergnet
Latest posts by Staff (see all)
- Where Is Digital India Heading? - March 18, 2019
- Spotify Is Finally Here in India, And We Are Wondering Why It Took So Long - February 28, 2019
- Nandoo: The app that gives you rewards for walking! - February 8, 2019